Homard
Meet Homard, the latest addition to our family! No, just kidding, more like the latest addition to our tummies! There have been many yummy meals served in the garden in the last week, Homard and his steak were but one.
Last night friends joined us in the garden for a wonderful supper and great company. We started with blue corn chips, salsa and guacamole and cocktails of pineapple and cranberry juice with vodka and Perrier water. Very refreshing out on the patio.
The main course was Thai brochettes. The chicken, veggies and fruit (grape tomatoes, red & green peppers, red onion, mocha mushrooms and pineapple) were marinated in a lovely harmony of soya sauce, honey, curry, coconut milk, garlic, ginger, pineapple sage, pineapple chunks, and lime juice. We grilled the brochette skewers on the BBQ and J did a fantastic job of making sure the chicken was so tender and the veggies crisp. We also served a baby spinach salad with mango, red onions and sunflower seed on the side and red wine.
For dessert J made his first Angel food cake. I was there to help him but he really did all the work himself. We also added lime zest to the batter which gave the spongy cake a little lift. Served with fresh strawberry sauce and whipped topping, this made for a perfect ending to a night in the garden. Thanks for coming K & J! We really enjoyed your visit!



2 Comments:
This is torture for me!!!! I have not had any energy to cook lately... I guess thats the advantage of your profession right now. Are you going to make me one of those fancy meals when im there?
Why yes!!! I can't wait to make you a special friendly meal. They aren't fancy, they are all recipes I've found on the internet and added my own touch to. When you come I hope there will be a few fancy meals, here or at half moon! It's the final count down!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home