NICE batch of jams!! Is that BC fruit in those jars?? Did I ever tell you about the time we decided to bring home loads of BC cherries all nicely tucked away in our plug-in refrigerated cooler??? By the time we reached Blue River from Williams Lake, it was too late to reverse the polarity of the plug-in on the cooler....I never realized that the cooler was a heater, too, depending on how it got connected. Oh, yuck! Your jars of jam look yummy. Hope you're enjoying a wonderful summer. Love Paula
Hi Paula!!! I've been think of you so much of late. No, just the cherries are from BC. The strawberries are Qc, as are the raspberries but the blueberries are US :( the wild ones should be coming out soon and I'll do a batch of wild blueberry too. Planning to try my hand at pasta sauce in the fall too. Pickles? Perhaps. Jon and I are a bit nutty about it at the moment but I need a few more tools to actually do some processing. Jam is easy.
In February, 2008, we BOUGHT a new garden in the sky and moved right in. JK, who arrived in the garden the summer of 2006, has taken charge of both the garden in the sky and the new one in front of our home. This blog will continue to document our garden and will continue to feature the little gardener in our lives. We are so blessed to welcome another little gardener to our hearts and home and are excited to watch JK become a proud big sister.
6 Comments:
They look fabulous and I am so proud of you!!!!...and your brothers were sure you would never learn how to function in the kitchen.
Love Mom
NICE batch of jams!! Is that BC fruit in those jars??
Did I ever tell you about the time we decided to bring home loads of BC cherries all nicely tucked away in our plug-in refrigerated cooler??? By the time we reached Blue River from Williams Lake, it was too late to reverse the polarity of the plug-in on the cooler....I never realized that the cooler was a heater, too, depending on how it got connected. Oh, yuck!
Your jars of jam look yummy.
Hope you're enjoying a wonderful summer.
Love
Paula
Hi Paula!!! I've been think of you so much of late. No, just the cherries are from BC. The strawberries are Qc, as are the raspberries but the blueberries are US :( the wild ones should be coming out soon and I'll do a batch of wild blueberry too. Planning to try my hand at pasta sauce in the fall too. Pickles? Perhaps. Jon and I are a bit nutty about it at the moment but I need a few more tools to actually do some processing. Jam is easy.
Awwww, thanks mommy!
WooHoo! Can't WAIT to sample some of that jam. You rock.
Cara....what about sending one over here?
BTW..I am Luisa if you're wondering...
Post a Comment
<< Home